Some Progress on the Mess

Posted by Cent With Love | 12:55 PM | , | 7 comments »

Remember my Decluttering post last week? Well, I actually made a bit of progress. Nothing substantial to the professional declutterers out there, but definitely progress for me. I never showed the "before" photos fearing embarrassment, but I guess I will...



I guess looking at it here, it's not completely horrible, but sitting at it everyday was just overwhelming. Just lots and lots of piles of junk that really didn't have a home, which is a big problem for me - finding homes for things in my house.

I did a bit of purging, and then I organized what was left, and here's the result:

A tad bit better, no? The shelves on the left are actually a bookcase that I had bought to match my desk years ago, and it was still sitting in the box in my basement. I had planned to use it to put toy bins in for my daughter, but it was smaller than anticipated. DH had the great idea to put it on my desk, and I think it works fantastic!

And to prove I didn't just throw it all into my filing cabinet, which has happened in the past:



Sorry, no "before" here, but it was pretty bad and deserved the overhaul.

I have the urge to paint it all that nice Martha Stewart Green like the desk in my Decluttering post, but I'm sure my DH would agree that there are plenty more areas of our house that need to get bitten by the decluttering bug before I even think about that MS Green for another second. I did do a semi-decluttering on my office closet, but I'll save that for another day.

Oh you want to see the rest of the room, do you? Haha! Maybe someday. If you're nice, I may even show you how my basement looks as motivation to get all the junk out of there.

BTW - did I ever mention how much I love Sarah McLachlan live? Random? Yes :)

7 comments

  1. Anonymous // January 30, 2009 at 6:16 PM  

    It's beautiful! Want to organize my desk now? What about my house? It's so girlie and pretty with a perfect personal touch. Nicely done.

    Yes, want to see the rest of the room. The clutter is all behind you, huh? lol!

    BTW, Sarah McLachlan... great music of hers! Have a great superbowl weekend!

    Nicely done. Cant wait for more decluttering projects of yours.

  2. Jerri at Simply Sweet Home // January 30, 2009 at 9:09 PM  

    I love a clean desktop! Great job!

  3. Christy // January 30, 2009 at 11:40 PM  

    Beautiful! The after picture looks terrific. I love a clean desk!

  4. RTC // January 31, 2009 at 8:43 AM  

    Beautiful! How do you like your "new" desk?

  5. The Masked Mommy // January 31, 2009 at 11:53 AM  

    Wow. Your before pictures look way better than my after ones ever do ;-)

  6. Anonymous // January 31, 2009 at 8:27 PM  

    I thought that looked like a bookcase. What a GREAT way to use it. Good job!!

  7. Krisi and Adam // February 1, 2009 at 2:13 AM  

    Love that you were able to use that bookshelf on the desk - works perfectly there.