Debt Diet Review: Week 11

Posted by Cent With Love | 12:38 PM | , | 1 comments »

For some reason another week went by and I didn't get to the ATM until Tuesday...which means I didn't put cash in my envelopes until Tuesday...which means I used my Debit Card for purchases up until Tuesday. Overall, there wasn't any real budget damage because I just deducted what I had spent from my ATM withdrawal, but let me tell ya, I felt very out of control of my money not knowing how much in each category I was still able to spend.

Here's the recap of what's left in my envelopes:

  1. Gas Envelope: $0
  2. Child Care Envelope: $0
  3. Grocery Envelope: $0
  4. Dining Out Envelope: $0
  5. Personal Cash: $0
  6. Debit Card: $-90!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (the balance isn't negative, but I'm just missing this amount from our tv fund. Not too bad since it was -$130 last week. Somehow I made up $40 of this. And I have an extra $50 in my emergency fund. So technically, I'm only -$40 in the hole. And I figured out why - I had to buy DD tap shoes and tights the week before last and used my debit card. At least all money is somewhat accounted for.)
AND THE BEST NEWS OF ALL IN THIS WEEK'S DDR:

Card #3 - Balance = $0!!!!!!!!!

I called in to see what my balance on card #3 was, just to see if any extra income would help me pay it off this upcoming week. My balance was only $77.99 and not the $118 I thought it was. Woohoo!!! Goal Achieved! On to card #4. Again, another small balance, but one less thing to pay each month when it's gone. And I'm already starting strong - just received a half.com payment of $17.18 and put it right towards card #4. I love online BillPay!

1 comments

  1. Anonymous // January 23, 2009 at 1:54 PM  

    CONGRATS ON PIFing Card #3!!!!!!! (clinking of the glasses)

    I love Bill Pay, too. In fact this morning, I went in and deleted all the PIF'd cards. Its a nice feeling to clean house on my finances!

    Great job! Tap shoes huh? Mine is hitting me up for Girl Scouts. Have a great weekend!