Bank Offer - Sovereign

Posted by Cent With Love | 11:30 PM | , | 0 comments »



Sovereign Bank is offering $100 when you open a new checking account. You can view the offer page here.

Here are the details/restrictions:


  • Open a Primier or Interest Checking Account along with a Sovereign CheckCard and a $10 deposit by 2/27/2009

  • Make 6 purchases with your CheckCard within 60 days of opening your account

  • Receive a $100 cash bonus credited to your account 15 days after the 60-day opening period

  • Bonus will be reported to the IRS as interest

  • Current personal checking customers or anyone who has had a personal checking account with Sovereign Bank or any of its divisions in the last 6 months are not eligible for this offer

  • To avoid the $5 monthly service fee, you must have a direct deposit into the account

  • The account closure fee prior to 90 days is $25. After 90 days, there's no fee.

I very easily opened this account today. My required minimum deposit was $25 for some reason, but that's not a big deal to me. It's just a couple clicks to transfer money here and there. A special thanks to MoneySavingMethods.com for recommending that I use the Free Online Quicken software to keep track of all of my bank accounts. I've marked my calendar with all of the important dates. If all goes well, it will be a quick $100 towards by Debt Snowball.

0 comments