Long Time, No Post

Posted by Cent With Love | 4:11 PM | 0 comments »

It's been quite some time since I posted to this blog, but I'm back and ready to start a new adventure in my frugal lifestyle. I'm determined to pay off most of my debt using the Dave Ramsey method. I'm still formulating my specific plan based on his guidelines, but I'll be sure to update as things progress.

For now, I'm working on completing Baby Step 1 (put away $1k in savings), and I should be done with that in a few weeks. Baby Step 2 is also in progress, and this is my first week using the envelope system (cash only! What will I do without my debit card?) and a zero balance budget. I paid off my Victoria's Secret Angel Card plus a few payments on a couple other cards. I think the hardest part will be sticking to my "Personal Cash" envelope. I've combined it with C's money for the week, and the total is $70. It took a hit this morning of $25.xx for me to buy batteries for the house and pull-ups for C. So much for personal spending :/

I've set a grocery budget of $40/wk. I have about $14 left to spend this week. We'll see how that goes.

I hope to be posting more deals on this blog as well as share how I'm incorporating all of them into our life.

0 comments