Black Friday

Posted by Cent With Love | 10:57 PM | 0 comments »

So, how did everyone do with their Black Friday deals? To be quite honest, I wasn't totally impressed by anything enough to get me out of bed earlier than regular time. DH and C and I went to Target around noon, and we were able to buy a bunch of DVDs on sale for C for Christmas (Annie, Madagascar, Finding Nemo, 101 Dalmations, Polar Express, etc.).

Then we decided it was a nice day to spend together, and we went and picked out a Christmas Tree at the tree farm, had them cut it down, and we decorated it this evening. This was the earliest we've EVER had a Christmas Tree in our house, but I think it would be nice to make it a day-after-Thanksgiving tradition. It didn't hurt that it was sunny and 45 degrees out either.

While DH was finishing trimming excess branches from the tree and C was napping, I ran out to CVS because we needed milk. I was able to get 2 Gallons of milk (1 for C and 1 for yogurt for me) and 2 Bic Soleil razors for $3.50 OOP, but I earned $3 ECBs. Good deal! I got all that for the price of 1 Gallon, and the money came back to me in ECBs for a future purchase. I love deals like that.

At the moment, I'm trying to figure out my grocery list for the week. If you haven't heard, I try to feed the 3 of us for $40/wk. This includes breakfast, lunch and dinner for myself, breakfast and dinner for C, and just dinner for DH. He works outside all day and likes to go inside where it's warm and relax. I've offered to make him lunches, but he just prefers it this way. I don't mind since it comes out of his own spending money for the week.

So, yes, back to the grocery budget. I don't have too much to buy this week. DH would like some soda. I need to buy some fruit for C and me, and I need a few veggies to make my turkey soup. Shaws is having a 2 Day Meat Sale, so I think I'm going to see what I can get for about $20 and stock up. The other $20 I'll use on produce and any other little extras we may need. Stocking up on meat is a good thing, especially with sales like these. It will definitely help free up some of my grocery budget in upcoming weeks. There are also a few freebies and overages with Q's that I'll be taking advantage of - Coffee Mate (overage) and Near East Rice and Couscous (Free!!!)

0 comments